So, a few weeks ago, runDisney announced the theme of their summer virtual 5K race series. This is the 4th year they are having a virtual 5K series. In its first year, we got Mickey Mouse. Then, came Pluto.
Last summer, it was Incredibles. This summer, it will be…
Marvel! Here’s what runDisney says:
Join us for the runDisney Virtual Series that celebrates 80 years of Marvel! Choose from three Marvel-themed 5Ks, featuring Captain Marvel, Iron Man and Black Panther, or run them all to earn a bonus medal when you sign up for the Challenge. Our virtual 5Ks are an ideal introduction to runDisney and a great way to train for other races. Run, jog or walk on a treadmill, around the neighborhood—or any course of your choosing. Take along the family, your friends or even the dog. It’s a super way to participate in a runDisney event from home.
Registration for the series goes on sale May 7, 2019 at 10:00 AM EST.
In case you haven’t heard about how runDisney does these virtual series, here’s the 411.
There is the potential to earn 4 medals this summer. Each month has its own medal. If you do all three, then you qualify for the 4th. Of course, you have to sign up as you are running all 3 to qualify for the 4th as well. Disney runs on the honor system. The cool part is that you can run these 5K’s whenever, wherever you wish. You can run on the treadmill, or on the roads around where you live. Last summer, I ran at the Rose Bowl, San Pedro Beach, and Santa Monica Beach. Here are the medals you can earn:
- June 2019 – Captain Marvel themed.
- Run between June 1st and 30th.
- July 2019 – Iron Man themes.
- Run between July 1st and 31st.
- I really like this because it’s the first time Mr. Stark’s Iron Man will be the featured medal at any runDisney event!
- August 2019 – Black Panther themed.
- Run between August 1 and 31st.
- Note: If you’re attending the D23 Convention this August, there might be a group 5K run. So, you could earn your Black Panther medal with other runDisney enthusiasts around the Disneyland Resort area… just like the good ol’ days!
So, who’s in?