Here is it y’all. I wasn’t going to be posting today. But, this warrants a very quick post…

run-disney-2017-2018-calendar

Here are all of the runDisney races for the last half of 2017 – the first half of 2018. The thing I think needs to be looked at are the earlier than usual registration dates. Usually, the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend races go on sale at the end of January/early February. However, this year, on December 13th, registrations will open up. With races taking longer to fill up, I’m wondering why runDisney has decided to make such a jump in their registration dates. The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will open registration nearly one year before the weekend starts….ALMOST ONE YEAR. Do  we really need this? I’m not sure what runDisney is thinking here. I was initially thinking about running the 5th running of the Dumbo Double Dare in 2017. However, I was not planning on having the money for registration next month. So, if it sells out, I probably won’t be running it. Oh well.

NYC Matathon Im In

My focus in 2017 is really all about the TCS New York City Marathon. The earlier than normal registration dates may make my 2017 race calendar much easier to plan. With registration for the 2018 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend opening February 14th, I will have to do my work quickly to see if I can afford the trip to New York in November and Orlando in January. However, if Dopey sells out before I can get to it, I’ll just believe it wasn’t meant to be.

What do you guys think about these earlier registration dates? Does it change any of your runDisney race plans? Will longer registration periods lead to more sell outs? Time will tell. I just wanted to give y’all the heads up on this so you don’t miss out on any race you really want to run.

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Run Events
10 comments on “Run Disney 2017 – 2018 Race Calendar Has Been Released with Early Registration Dates
  1. Juliana says:

I’m really confused by this. I understand this is back to the old registration dates but I think it’s a bad call. I think it’ll take longer to sell out (especially with no deferrals!). I honesty think they should shorten the date (make it like 5-6 months out) so that people have a realistic view of what’s going on.

2. I think they have done it earlier so people can plan their trips especially as they now do the Half Marathon weekend in Disneyland Paris.

It’s great for me, as I can book the Wine and Dine in January (hopefully, never booked the US races before) and have almost the rest of the year to save.

Do you usually find that the races get sold out on the opening day of registration? or do they seem to sell out over a longer period of time?

• gloucks7 says:

You might have a point with the vacation planning aspect. The races have taken longer to sell out lately. A couple years ago, races were selling out in less than an hour. The 10K races still sell out fastest followed by the 5K, kid races, and challenges. The half marathon races, by themselves, usually take longer to sell out. The Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon hasn’t sold out the past two years. They were even selling entries at the Expo this year (a first from what I’ve heard). I’m not sure that the longer lead time between when sales start and when the races happen will help or hurt sales. I guess I’ll see what happens when the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon goes on sale December 13th.

3. Karen Abelha says:

What’s up with the 1st weekend in January for the WDW marathon in 2018? It’s really crazy busy in the parks because the house liday crowds are still here! Always was the 2nd weekend in January !!!

4. leopchan says:

I just checked and the Double Dare is not sold out yet. Wow… i thought they would be sold out by now. Too bad the kids races are all sold out. My girls are getting interested t run especially they see daddy and mommy’s blind blind from the past weekend race. By the way, does RunDisney include race shirt in kids race?

5. Jeff mcleod says:

Booked wine and dine and disneyland paris these both had early registration, locally wasn’t expecting wdw marathon weekend opening so early, really wanted to do the dopey again as it’s the 25th anniversary,hope it doesn’t sell out before I can raise the funds

6. Jeff mcleod says:

Booked wine and dine and disneyland paris these both had early registration, really wasn’t expecting wdw marathon weekend opening so early, really wanted to do the dopey again as it’s the 25th anniversary,hope it doesn’t sell out before I can raise the funds

7. Wiensie says:

The early registration just opened to day for the Princess Race Weekend. Darn it all the glass slipper challenge and 10K were already sold out by the time I logged on! And this is the EARLY registration for DVC/Annual pass holders. So bummed.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

My Next Race
Rock n Roll San Diego 5K and Half MarathonJune 3rd, 2017
36 days to go.
My Next runDisney Race
2017 Disneyland Half MarathonSeptember 3rd, 2017
4 months to go.
Contact Me
If you have any questions and would like to contact me directly, please send an email to whyirundisney@gmail.com.

Join 808 other followers

Join the Team #runDisney Facebook Group!
ambassador button
I love this Facebook group! There are so many awesome members. Click on the link and join if you have a love of runDisney races! It's also an excellent resource on running in general. There are members from all over the world. You might even find someone who lives near you!
Official PR’s
5K - 32:46 - 2012 Pasadena 5K

10K - 1:15:42 - 2013 Pasadena 10K

Half Marathon - 2:43:25 - 2013 Rock n Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon

Full Marathon - 6:21:46 - 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon
Giggle Giggle Toot Roar

Striving to answer the call to motherhood and wifeyhood with joy, Jesus, and crazy dancing.

The Souzapalooza Blog

celebrating the ups, downs and in betweens of my life

RunAllTheRaces

Share Perfect Goofy Gail & Kimberly's adventures as they runDisney and everything in between!

The Halo Way

The official photo blog of the Los Angeles Angels

choose happiness

wonderful bits of joe

Pavement Runner

Run Strong. Finish Stronger.

Real Mom of SFV

Valley Girl at Heart

Chocolate Covered Race Medals

Where I race to the chocolate bar

The Road to Physical Fitness

Sweat. Smile. Learn. Live. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

See Sharp Run!

Running My Way to Better Health through runDisney, One Magical Mile at a Time

...Just Me and My Running Shoes...

Running My Way to Better Health through runDisney, One Magical Mile at a Time

Running to Tahiti

Tahiti is 4,109 miles from Los Angeles. Rebecca and Brad ran there.

WDW Mousenger

I'm a Disney geek bringing you all things Disney by a Disney geek, for other Disney geeks!

thingsGoofy.com

a Goofy look at Disney Parks & Entertainment

The Undercover Princess

Dreaming up my own "happily ever after!"

Not Your Normal Health Blog

Fun Fitness. Yummy Health Food. Spoil-Yourself Spas. Barely Any Kale.

%d bloggers like this: