Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. this week. It’s been a busy one. While I don’t have much time to post today, I did want to get online for a little bit to wish y’all a Happy Thanksgiving.
I have so much to be thankful for this year!
- An amazing wife who puts up with all the craziness that training for races, singing in Candlelight, going through job changes, and writing this blog can bring….and still loves me.
- Finally promoting up from a legal secretary at Disney! (and leaving this awful union!)
- Related to that…I finally have my silver pass! Brooke and I will be using said silver pass on Saturday for the first time! We’ve got a World of Color dining package booked at Ariel’s Grotto. This will be the first time Brooke will get to experience World of Color: Winter Dreams!
- I am a Marathon Finisher! The experience of running and finishing the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon is something I’ll remember for the rest of my life. What a magical week!
- Getting to meet some of you, my readers in person! I’ve run in 3 runDisney weekends this year. In all 3 of them, I’ve been able to meet several of you! It’s humbling to think that there are people out there who read my words and even more so that there are those who come up to me and tell me that they like my blog. Last year, on Thanksgiving, I sent shout outs to some of the bloggers out there who have inspired me. You can read that again (or for the first time) by clicking here. I would have liked to do a similar blog this year, to highlight other bloggers whom I love reading, but the time just isn’t there.
- Lastly, and certainly not least, is just having the ability to get out there, lace the shoes up and run the distances I’ve run. As I’ve read stories of those who have been swept from races, it makes me thankful that I haven’t experienced that to date. I truly admire those who are swept and then use that as motivation to come back and conquer the course one year later. In addition to that, as I experienced at the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon, I’m thankful that I’ve finished my races without any major injury.
I could go on and on with the list. On most days, I’m sure that there is a lot of wishing you had something that you don’t. It’s nice to have days like today where the focus is on being thankful for what you do have. I truly hope that you all have a wonderful time with family and/or friends on this day. What are you thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day?